Hifidelio-User.de

Das (inoffizielle!) Forum für Hifidelio-User
Aktuelle Zeit: 21.08.2017 21:41

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 142 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 22.12.2007 00:23 

Hello!

Thanks to everyone for the great info provided on this forum!
I have just finished installing a 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 disk on my HF Pro and everything works perfectly.
The fact that I have a Silent Kit on my HF did not make things more difficult - it took 10 minutes to have the new disk installed in my HF.

The HDD replacement procedure works great, I had only one difference: I had to use the HDreset utility twice: after using the recovery disk to format the new HDD, the HF did not want to boot (the logo stayed on and I never got to the menu), so I used the HDreset utility a second time and then the HF booted OK.

Thank again everyone! :P

Betreff des Beitrags: HD of new Hifidelio Pro 500 GB?
BeitragVerfasst: 12.08.2008 15:24 

The company selling the new models says they are the same as the previous "S" model other than the size of the HD.

Anyone know what HD they are using? It would need to be one with low power requirements (especially spin up) and one that runs at relatively cool temperature.

Thanks,
Danny

MF XDACv3
TacT 2.2 XP
Sonus Faber Concerto
Mirage 12 Sub

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 12.08.2008 16:42 

The first person in this forum sighted with a Hifidelio Pro 500 was Eiteli: http://www.hifidelio-user.de/viewtopic. ... 7483#37483

Unfortunately, the Hifidelio performed several system crashes and he sent it in for repairs. Maybe he gets the unit back soon and is able to obtain the harddisk information via telnet.

schim

Betreff des Beitrags: new HDD on Hifidelio pro 500 GB
BeitragVerfasst: 12.08.2008 17:20 

I'd assume he'd have to open the cover to see the HD to get the brand and model number.

Danny

MF XDACv3
TacT 2.2 XP
Sonus Faber Concerto
Mirage 12 Sub

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: new HDD on Hifidelio pro 500 GB
BeitragVerfasst: 12.08.2008 17:32 

firedog hat geschrieben:
I'd assume he'd have to open the cover to see the HD to get the brand and model number.

"hdparm -i /dev/hda" should give you all the information you need.

schim

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: new HDD on Hifidelio pro 500 GB
BeitragVerfasst: 13.08.2008 19:42 

schim hat geschrieben:
firedog hat geschrieben:

"hdparm -i /dev/hda" should give you all the information you need.

schim

Model=ST3500630A, FwRev=3.AAE, SerialNo=9QG085PP
Config={ HardSect NotMFM HdSw>15uSec Fixed DTR>10Mbs RotSpdTol>.5% }
RawCHS=16383/16/63, TrkSize=0, SectSize=0, ECCbytes=4
BuffType=unknown, BuffSize=16384kB, MaxMultSect=16, MultSect=16
CurCHS=16383/16/63, CurSects=4228907259, LBA=yes, LBAsects=268435455
IORDY=on/off, tPIO={min:240,w/IORDY:120}, tDMA={min:120,rec:120}
PIO modes: pio0 pio1 pio2 pio3 pio4
DMA modes: mdma0 mdma1 *mdma2
UDMA modes: udma0 udma1 udma2
AdvancedPM=no WriteCache=enabled
Drive conforms to: device does not report version:

* signifies the current active mode

For power issues see:
http://www.hifidelio-user.de/viewtopic. ... ght=#36940

Betreff des Beitrags: importing music files
BeitragVerfasst: 28.02.2009 17:42 

Perhaps a stupid question or already answers 100 times, but still:
- If I change the HD for a bigger one, whatis the fastest (easist way) to get all my music files and structures form the old disk to the new one?

I do not fancy to enter 400 CD's again, an manually chage all the titles stuff that I have done...

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: importing music files
BeitragVerfasst: 28.02.2009 18:24 

wolfert hat geschrieben:
- If I change the HD for a bigger one, whatis the fastest (easist way) to get all my music files and structures form the old disk to the new one?

I do not fancy to enter 400 CD's again, an manually chage all the titles stuff that I have done...

Don't you have a backup copy of your "music" folder? If so, just copy those files to the "import" folder of your new hard disk and use the Hifidelio's import function. All the meta info you've entered (title, artist etc.) is stored within your music files.

schim

BeitragVerfasst: 28.02.2009 22:50 

schim hat geschrieben:
wolfert hat geschrieben:

Don't you have a backup copy of your "music" folder? If so, just copy those files to the "import" folder of your new hard disk and use the Hifidelio's import function. All the meta info you've entered (title, artist etc.) is stored within your music files.

schim

How do I create a copy of my music folder?
(I do not have ANY backup currently form my HIFIDELIO files....)

BeitragVerfasst: 01.03.2009 05:58 

wolfert hat geschrieben:
(I do not have ANY backup currently form my HIFIDELIO files....)

Having no backup is very courageous... :wink:

A good point to start from is Cenic's "disksync" tool that backups the internal disk of your Hifidelio to an external USB drive. You can find it along with documentation here.

If you better like to copy the contents of your "music" folder via network connection I'd suggest Vincent's "Rough Guide to the Hifidelio" which explains the necessary steps here.

schim

BeitragVerfasst: 01.03.2009 15:07 

schim hat geschrieben:
wolfert hat geschrieben:

A good point to start from is Cenic's "disksync" tool that backups the internal disk of your Hifidelio to an external USB drive. You can find it along with documentation here.

I trtied to download the tool, but I get the message that the file is corrupted (and it is only 284Kb long).
Any suggestions for an alternateive downlaod location?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 22.09.2009 08:29 

I was all ready to apologize for posting in English, but it seems this thread is already there!

I'll add to the "does not work" column -- I have tried for the last 2 days to "hdreset" and "system restore" to a 2.5" SATA drive -- Seagate Momentus 5400.6 500Gb -- with a generic IDE-to-SATA converter, with no luck.

It is difficult to tell exactly what is going wrong without any debug output, but I never get to the menu on the recovery disk. I've jumpered the drive to 1.5Gb throughput, and that changed the behaviour a little but not enough to work. I'm going to back down and use one of the drives known to work and listed in the Wiki.

For reference this is the IDE-SATA converter that did NOT work (though it might have been the disk).

Edit: I also tried a Western Digital WD2500 250Gb IDE drive (3.5"), and it didn't work either. My original 160Gb drive still works, though, so the system, cable, etc are all OK.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 22.09.2009 12:04 

Hi gnetwerker

Are you sure that the CD's are burned in the right mode.
Both CD's are bootable, and when appears nothing in the display they don't boot.
The right way to burn the CD you can finde here

BYe André

http://www.gugau.net/Beta/HF_Tuner.exe
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet darf sie ruhig behalten, ich brauche sie nicht mehr, ich habe noch genug davon.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 22.09.2009 16:55 

gnetwerker hat geschrieben:
but I never get to the menu on the recovery disk.

Elektrolurch is right. If you don't get the menu while booting from recovery disk, you do NOT have a problem with your hdds, but with you recovery disk (and hdreset disk, if you have burnt one).

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 22.09.2009 21:40 

Thanks for the note and help!

Here is more detail: for the 2.5" disk, the results have been unpredictable -- sometimes I get the menu, sometimes not. When I get the menu, sometimes I can execute the recovery cd, and it speeds through as though the disk were tiny, but nothing is actually written. I suspect that there is a compatibility problem between the Olive IDE-controller and the IDE-SATA converter. Others online have complained about drive recognition problems (on regular PCs) with this setup.

With the 3.5" disk, I get the menu, and it goes through the motions of loading, but the resulting disk doesn't boot.

I certainly suspected the burning of the CD (hdreset) and DVD (Recovery). In each case I burned them with Nero Burning ROM in image mode, with "Disk at once" and "Finalize" options. I can put them in the drive and read them from the command line in the olive when it is running the original -- don't know if this proves anything or not.

I'll again say that this forum is an excellent resource -- even when it must be read through google translate! I hardly even stumble over "plate" for "disk" anymore!

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 142 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]