Hifidelio-User.de

Das (inoffizielle!) Forum für Hifidelio-User
Aktuelle Zeit: 22.10.2018 06:42

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 21 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: IR codes
BeitragVerfasst: 06.11.2006 12:08 

I was wondering if anyone has managed to change the part of the IR codes that defines the device or manufacturer. The only problem I have with the Hifidelio Pro is that for some reason, the designers chose to use codes which clash with Arcam audio equipment. Unfortunately, since I have an Arcam amplifier and DAB tuner, this means I am unable to use the remote control for the amplifier or the Hifidelio when listening to music.

I thought that the codes might be defined in a file somewhere, and could be edited. Although the original remote control would no longer work, a Pronto or similar could be used instead, with the modified codes. Has anyone managed to do this?

It would be even better if Hermstedt could build into the next software release an option to use an alternative set of IR codes. The alternative codes would not work with the original remote control, but at least if an alternative set of codes was made available, it could be encoded by someone and anyone could use it with a Pronto or Harmony remote. Or, they could sell a replacement remote with the alternative codes built in - I would buy one.

(Apologies for posting in English but my German is not very good :))

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.11.2006 12:17 
Godfather of Hifidelio

The IR is managed by a micrcontroller within the front panel. This can't be changed by software.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.11.2006 12:27 

OK, thanks for the bad news. That makes it an even worse design decision to use codes which clash with some already in use then :)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.11.2006 12:28 

Sorry, steve-p,
the IR-Codes are scheduled in an Atmel Mega16 Chip im the Front-PCB. There is no way to change them via Software- Update. For myself i use a programmabel Remote with HF-Transmitter to a HF-Reciever wich has 6 outputs for little IR-Transmitter. They are mounted directly to the IR-eyes of the devices, so tey can't react to each other. (Mx-950 with MRF-300 from URC)
[EDIT: Muck, Musikuss was faster!]

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.11.2006 12:34 
Godfather of Hifidelio

steve-p hat geschrieben:
OK, thanks for the bad news. That makes it an even worse design decision to use codes which clash with some already in use then :)

Why don't you ask Arcam, why they do not use standard amplifier codes for their amplifiers, but chose to use the free codes reserved for special devices instead?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.11.2006 12:37 

I see, perhaps I should change my Harmony 885 for a 895 then, as that has a similar RF/IR capability. I like the 885 a lot, so it would be a logical choice, except for the cost of replacing something that works perfectly in all other respects.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.11.2006 12:41 

Musikuss hat geschrieben:
[Why don't you ask Arcam, why they do not use standard amplifier codes for their amplifiers, but chose to use the free codes reserved for special devices instead?

Don't get me started on Arcam! I already had a long discussion with them about the fact that there is no way of bringing the DT91 DAB tuner out of standby using their own remote control. You actually have to press the power button on the front, which is surprising. I expect it's their fault, but they used those codes first :)

Betreff des Beitrags: eliminate volume control?
BeitragVerfasst: 04.10.2007 23:02 

I found this thread while searching through to solve my problem with a conflict between my Rega Mira amp and my Olive/Hifidelio. My problem is that the volume for the two units are the same... but in reverse! When I turn up the volume on the Rega, the HF line out volume goes down... aghh! Seeing that Arcam has the same problem it may be a british amp thing.

My question for the gods of the HF is this: I know (below) you cannot change the IR codes, but can you turn off the volume out adjustment through software? I can modify via root access, but am not sophisticated enough to dig around looking for this without messing up the machine. Any ideas?

Thanks - apologies for english... AltaVista's German is below.

Ich fand dieses Gewinde beim durch suchen, um mein Problem mit einem Konflikt zwischen meinem Rega Mira Ampere und mein Olive/Hifidelio zu lösen. Mein Problem ist, daß das Volumen für die zwei Maßeinheiten dasselbe... aber in umgekehrtem sind! Wenn ich herauf das Volumen auf dem Rega mich drehe, geht die HF Linie aus Volumen... aghh hinunter! , daß Arcam das gleiche Problem, es hat zu sehen kann eine britische Ampere Sache sein. Meine Frage für die Götter der HF ist diese: Ich weiß daß (unten) Sie nicht die IR Codes ändern, aber können können Sie das Volumen aus Justage durch Software abstellen? Ich kann über Wurzelzugang, aber morgens ändern, das nicht genug verfeinert wird, zum um das Suchen nach diesem zu graben, ohne herauf die Maschine zu verwirren. Irgendwelche Ideen?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.10.2007 16:52 

At the bottom of this post: http://www.hifidelio-user.de/viewtopic. ... t=watchdog
there is something which might be of help

Betreff des Beitrags: Almost there...
BeitragVerfasst: 08.10.2007 22:50 

THANKS Vincent! This is a huge help that I could not find in German. One more question (I think this is a language issue, but possibly a Unix one as well...)

Someone fixed this (from what I can gather) with the following in the linked thread (if my translation is correct, he modified the line for the volume control):

>Das wünsche ich mir schon seit fast einem Jahr.
>Mein LINN KOLEKTOR regel nämlich auch mit- und entgegengesetzt.
>Helfe mir mit der Zeile:
>/opt/alsa-utils/bin/amixer sset Master 30 > /dev/null
>im Watchdog-Script /opt/Fidelio/bin/watchdog. Fixt den Pegel.

This is exactly what I need to do, but how did he change it?

did he find the script in @root:/opt/fidelio/bin/watchdog or in the /opt/alsa-utils/bin/amixer sset Master 30 ?

once found, is this simply adding the text /dev/null and then saving?

My modding (and german) skills are pretty new (I am trying to learn) so any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.10.2007 00:11 

As far as I could judge:
there is a script in /opt/Fidelio/bin/
called watchdog
Add the full comand line to this script:
opt/alsa-utils/bin/amixer sset Master 30 > /dev/null
(make a copy of the original script first)
You might also try to type this at the command line and see what happens, I guess it should disable something

Maybe the "Rough guide" is of use, there is a rudimentary Linux section in it.

Betreff des Beitrags: a little more
BeitragVerfasst: 09.10.2007 04:58 

I know how to navigate to this section, and get the following from the command line:

root@musica:~# cd /opt/Fidelio/bin/
root@musica:/opt/Fidelio/bin# watchdog
bash: watchdog: command not found
root@musica:/opt/Fidelio/bin# /opt/alsa-utils/bin/amixer sset Master 30
Simple mixer control 'Master',0
Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: Playback 0 - 31
Front Left: Playback 30 [96%] [on]
Front Right: Playback 30 [96%] [on]
root@musica:/opt/Fidelio/bin#

Unfortunately, I have no idea where to go from here... do I modify this and save? what line controls volume? Anyway, probably in over my head, but it was worth a shot. If anyone can help me decipher it would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.10.2007 09:18 

Try Vincent's "rough guide" with the Linux section.
"Watchdog" is a script, you have to edit it and insert the whole "amixer sset Master 30" line in this script. This command sets the volume to max., and the "watchdog" script is called regularly by the system, so your volume will be set on a regular timebase.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.10.2007 10:04 

So it looks like one can still change output level using the RC but it will be reset to 30 by "watchdog". If this "reset" frequency is slow, you still have the problem.

Zuletzt geändert von Vincent am 09.10.2007 11:30, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.10.2007 10:31 

Vincent hat geschrieben:
So it looks like one can still change output level using the RC but it will be reset to 30 by "watchdog". If this "reset" freqency is slow, you still have the problem.

Yes, but only in one direction. Lowering the amp-volume will not change the hifidelio-volume as it is set to max already.

If the frequency is too low (I don't know!), it would be also possible to set this in an extra script whis is called eg. every 200ms or so.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 21 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]