Hifidelio-User.de

Das (inoffizielle!) Forum für Hifidelio-User
Aktuelle Zeit: 17.08.2018 21:27

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Twonkymusic 4.2
BeitragVerfasst: 27.04.2007 15:35 

Hi,
I'm not a Linux expert, so I don't know if it's possible to think to replace the twonky server preloaded with HF (version 2.9) with the new 4.2 (available for download in PowerPC version), that has lots of new and improved features.

Anybody did already think about this ?

Bye
Mauro
________
FZR400

Zuletzt geändert von maurotala am 18.03.2011 11:40, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 27.04.2007 15:59 

You can give it a try. Disable the built-in server and start the new one by hand or from rc.local.
But: The pre-installed twonky-server is closely coupled to the HF and it's database.
If you use the new server, you have to configure the server via the web-interface to scan /audio/music, which will take it's time and may have some performance related issues.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 01.05.2007 23:14 

Thanks, Gigi.

I'm not so confident with Linux to try it myself without a step-by-step guide. I'll try to find a friend to to this for me.

The reason for my question is that currently there is no way to create/modify playlists you can access from upnp clients; for a "wireless music center" is not the best thing...

The real integration between HF library and Twonkymusic should also include the cross-compatibility between playlists, i.e. a playlist created in HF should be automatically translated and accessible on twonkymusic. The current twonky implementation is useless because upnp clients cannot access any playlist, nor can't they create one.
________
Extreme vaporizer review

Zuletzt geändert von maurotala am 18.03.2011 11:40, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.07.2007 15:46 

Did anyone actually succeed in updating the twonkyserver to v4.x (4.4 is the latest version even though this thread started discussing 4.2)?

I am not really a linux hacker either, so a step by step guide on how to make this update would be great. The Twonkymedia installation guide does not provide very much of information about how to make things work on the HF.

It seems to cost 20 Euro to upgrade a 3.x version and 30 Euro to buy it without previous installations. The cost may be reasonable if I get things to work. If not, it is just a waste, so any reports on the success or definite failure of such an installation would be appreciated.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]