Hifidelio-User.de

Das (inoffizielle!) Forum für Hifidelio-User
Aktuelle Zeit: 21.08.2017 21:38

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: How to upgrade my 80Gb hifidelio.
BeitragVerfasst: 03.12.2014 00:20 

Hi all,
Yes! I have my 80 gb hifidelio. It is a 80 Gb silver one in mint state. Till and up to now I can import cd's and playback the music of the ex owner. Price was 57 euro.
There is no internet communication at all. First of all, the wifi antenna is missing, but I can buy one for a few euro in the Netherlands (I suppose I can use every wifi antenna with a small screw connector). Then I used a UTP cable and put it on port one of the Hifidelio and one of the free ports on my internet modem. I pushed the update button, but no succes. To be honest: the firmware is very old. It is version 1.3. How to upgrade, and which version to use? I don't mind using a cd upgrade, but i have no cd delivered with the hifidelio. If I want to burn an ISO disk, which burning software is a good choice?
Am I right that I have to buy the 2.4 version, and that after buying it, I can update to 2.4.9?
I want to use getpro to listen to internet radio, do I have to do it after upgrading it to 2.4.9?

Looking forward for your answers, I can read German but please keep it simple. Een Nederlands prive bericht wordt ook gewaardeerd.

BeitragVerfasst: 05.12.2014 16:29 

OK, I solved much myself.

From the hifidelio site I downloaded the 2.3.29 software, windows 7 itself took care of the unzipping and. ISO format. I had to put in the disk twice but then the update process went on easily.
A WiFi antenna was for sale for only 2.50 euros. Drop me a line if you need one, I have 2 now.
Setting up the WiFi connection was not hard with the newest user manual. All from the hifidelio site.
I need getpro and a copy of the rescue disk. I will open a new topic.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]