Hifidelio-User.de

Das (inoffizielle!) Forum für Hifidelio-User
Aktuelle Zeit: 17.12.2017 15:49

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 20.09.2005 09:38 

Das Thema und der Titel wurden von "halsband" am Dezember 14, 2006 redaktionell bearbeitet. Aus Gründen der Übersicht wurden diverse Punkte gelöscht.

Sorry for writing in English. My German reading is not such a big problem. Writing is, however...

My stereo amplifier is pretty good but spending at least a 1000,- euro for a DAC for getting the digital signal from the HF into my analogue amplifier is a bit overkill.

There are pretty good USB based DAC's ( 'external soundcards' like M-audio, xitel) which might produce good results in combination with HF for a good price.

Does anybody know if it would be possible to get such a sound device working on the USB port of the HF..?! It would expand the flexibility a lot when this is possible.

fred

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 20.09.2005 09:47 
Godfather of Hifidelio

Give the Hifidelio's own DAC a try. A whole lot of people consider it really good.

Apart from that: A USB interface will need a driver. Getting that into the Linux kernel will not be easy.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 20.09.2005 10:42 

@fred
The Internal DAC is much better than you think - give'em a try! Before spending 1000EUR you shold probably go for an Instrument shop and look for an ESI Dr. DAC or if you want an high grade ADC spare an RME ADI-2

@Musikuss:
Zitat:
A USB interface will need a driver. Getting that into the Linux kernel will not be easy.

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/do ... =usb-audio
As far as i can see you simply have to add the parameter "--with-cards=usb-audio" when building the alsa kernel modules... this could give us the possibility for an second audio output e.g. for an second room;-)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 20.09.2005 13:08 

Thnx for your very quick response.

(Off couse) I'll give the standard DAC a fair chance first keeping in mind the valuable other information you gave me!!

Is there any experience using the ALSA modules on the HF and what kind of linux is HF using in this respect..?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.12.2006 22:43 

Musikuss hat geschrieben:
Give the Hifidelio's own DAC a try. A whole lot of people consider it really good.

Apart from that: A USB interface will need a driver. Getting that into the Linux kernel will not be easy.

The Hifidelio's own DAC is good enough for most people but some of us (including myself) are that crazy that they always want to achieve the best possible soundquality.

The idea to get audio output through one of the USB ports is attractive and if someone can make such a modification I would be very interested and even want to pay you a fair share for development! So if anyone thinks he is capable of developing such a mod, please let me know!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.12.2006 23:03 

Hallo Fred,

The standard DAC is for me not good enough. I bought a second hand
Denon DA500 DAC and the sound is much better.
The price of a second hand Denon DA500 is about 100 - 150 euro.

groet,

Jan

Denon DCD 1500AE
Elac FS 209.2
DAC: Denon DA500

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.12.2006 23:20 

I do not know if you can use a USB DAC with the Hifidelio, not without additional software anyway, but Hifidelio's own built-in DAC is probably better than any available USB DAC. If the sound does not satisfy you, try to find a good second hand external DAC like "woonboot" did, or buy a reasonably priced new one like I did (AudioNemesis DC-1 for 500,- Euro).

(Or you can send in your Hifidelio for the VM modification, 700,- Euro.)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.12.2006 23:27 

RonaldPR hat geschrieben:
I do not know if you can use a USB DAC with the Hifidelio, not without additional software anyway, but Hifidelio's own built-in DAC is probably better than any available USB DAC. If the sound does not satisfy you, try to find a good second hand external DAC like "woonboot" did, or buy a reasonably priced new one like I did (AudioNemesis DC-1 for 500,- Euro).

(Or you can send in your Hifidelio for the VM modification, 700,- Euro.)

I know, and the soundquality of the Hifidelio is very good, but I am interested in the new active AVI speakers with build-in DAC and USB input, see http://www.avihifi.com. This would be a very nice combination with my fidelio..I like my AVI speakers for some years now and I think those new ones will sound better (real active), and the used Burr Brown DACs are certainly an upgrade to the used DACs in the fidelio.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 29.12.2006 11:36 

Since yesterday, I've a new DAC from DIY Paradise. It is called "Monica2"http://diyparadise.com/dackit/1545bdackit.html.
The TDA1545A sounds quite different from the DAC being used in the Hifidelio. I like the sound of the TDA1545A in combination with my NAD 325C BEE and the KEF iQ5. Bass is with more volume and the scene is much broader. Monica2 has been tested as well by TNT-Audio http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/monica2_e.html.

When it comes to the powersupply, I'm using the one that comes along with the Apple iPod (12V). The reason for this was pure lazyness. Next step is to find a nice small box for the DAC and a different PWS.

Betreff des Beitrags: Digitalausgang kann nur 16 Bit
BeitragVerfasst: 20.01.2010 22:50 

Will dieses alte Thema reanimieren, da ich mittlerweile mehrere 24Bit/44KHz Flac Dateien habe. Erstellt habe ich sie durch die Umwandlung meiner HDCDs mit HDCD.exe. Der Fidel importiert diese auch klaglos. Allerdings bricht das abspielen der Lieder immer ab, wenn tatsächlich mehr als 16 Bit Auflösung genutzt werden.

Lange Rede kurzer Sinn, hat jemand eine USB Soundkarte mit Digitalausgang mit 24 Bit am Fidel im Einsatz oder etwas vergleichbares?

Gruß

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]