Hifidelio-User.de

Das (inoffizielle!) Forum für Hifidelio-User
Aktuelle Zeit: 19.09.2018 13:48

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 16.04.2012 16:26 

I apologize that I have to use english for this posting, aber mein deutsch ist nicht gut.

I have problems with the availability of the Hifidelio import folder when using Windows Explorer (see separate posting in Network related messages). Therefore it is not always possible for me to use Windows explorer to copy files to he Hifidelio.

I found out -reading related messages on this forum- that it is also not possible to use FTP since the (not modified) Hifidelio does not support that protocol.

Is there any other method to copy files from my PC to the Hifidelio? I am using firmware 2.3.28.

All the help is appreciated!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.04.2012 10:31 

Hi,

what about these ideas:

- who the hell is using windows explorer instead of a really good 2-window freeware file-manager programm?! (i prefere "idoswin")
- maybe somehow its a network-problem? Are you sure that your hifidelio allways gets its correct ip-adress?
- too simple and without any network-connection: burn your tagged files to CDr (or copy to usb-stick) and just use the import-function on your hifidelio.

Good luck

Michael from Hamburg

BeitragVerfasst: 17.04.2012 11:31 

dvelle hat geschrieben:
I have problems with the availability of the Hifidelio import folder when using Windows Explorer

Where do you try to find it?
Under "Network"
With it's name? Or IP?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.04.2012 23:03 

Hi Uwe,

I normally access the Hifidelio Import folder by opening the Network Map in the left pane of Explorer.

If I'm lucky, I can see the Hifidelio listed there. If it is there, I can expand the Hifideliomap and see the Hifidelio Import folder. But again: sometimes it takes hours or so before it is visible there.

The Hifidelio always uses the same IP adress. But I used many different settings.

Any idea?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.04.2012 23:07 

Hi Michael,

Yes, I am still using Explorer. :P

I looked at the application you suggested (idoswin), gave it a quick try but the problem is the same. In addition to that, I noticed that the menu's are in German..... :roll:

I know I can copy the files to an USB stick and then import them to the Hifidelio, but I am a little bit upset that I can't use a more sophisticated way!

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions.

Dirk

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 18.04.2012 14:03 

you can try accessing the HF via IP. For exampla \10.0.0.20\Import\

Sometimes Windows needs very long to finde all network components by the names. IP works faster, normally :)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 18.04.2012 17:38 

Hi dvelle

to find your Hifidelio you can use my HF_Tuner.
http://shares.gugau.net/s#bb49409f-07a3-43fc-9ac2-9caeb5f2d9e7/andre.clouddrive.gugau.net/HF_Tuner.exe

If you have contact to the folder you can use the windows function "connect network drive" to build a drive wich will shown every time when you use windows. You never have to search for it.

BYe André

http://www.gugau.net/Beta/HF_Tuner.exe
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet darf sie ruhig behalten, ich brauche sie nicht mehr, ich habe noch genug davon.

Betreff des Beitrags: Accessing the import-folder
BeitragVerfasst: 18.04.2012 18:15 

Hi,
of course, its more sophisticated using the network for filetransfer, so some more questions/proposals, centered on possible network-causes for the problem:

Your Windows-installation is clean? Your firewall well-configured?

We all know that the hifidelio ethernet-chip is an unstable one in some machines. This Forum is full with postings on this problem, so for sure you tried different cables (the shorter the better), different ports, and you opened the box eventually and cleaned the area (dust off-spray)?

- only 1 DHCP-Server in your network?
- in hifidelio: - DHCP=off? - proxy=off? - wlan=off - home-network (not expert-mode),
- all services in the hifidelio = off (except webinterface + sonos)
- all participating machines in your network are using static ip-adresses? In the same range?
- Router-firmware uptodate? Tell him to deliver always this fixed ip to the hifidelio.
- in case your problem is just present: are you able to ping the hifidelio in this moment succsessfully? Or do you have access via veronica/or leonore in this moment?
- Did you try in this situation to install a shortcut to hifidelio's import-folder (connect to network-folder/network-drive-function in windows-explorer: e.g.\\hifideliopro\import; or your given path, or ip instead of name).

- if the answer to all these question is "yes", the cause may well be found in the windows network-configuration(name-resolution or path-problem): workgroup-name!, computername, hifidelio's name? No special characters/spaces (incompatibility Linux-Windows); did you ever made changes in the rights-managment for your user-account?

Last idea for today (if not already done): reset the hifidelio to factory defaults, disconnect the power cable for an hour or two, reconfigure as necessessary.

Greetings

Michael

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 20.04.2012 12:07 

Thanks very much everybody!

Enough to think about and to try. Will keep you informed if any of the suggestions will solve the problem.

At the moment I am using one of the solutions proposed: Mapping a drive to the Hifidelio/Import folder. The funny thing is that I can access that drive approx 2 minutes after I have switched on the Hifidelio, while the Hifidelio is still invisible (and stays invisible) in the Network tab of Explorer.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 20.04.2012 19:53 

The windows network needs some time to set up (up to minutes).
You may want to check:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr ... 10%29.aspx

Maybe that helps a bit:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Speed-Up ... 8069.shtml

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]