Hifidelio-User.de

Das (inoffizielle!) Forum für Hifidelio-User
Aktuelle Zeit: 21.10.2017 17:32

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Jetzt hat's mich auch getroffen!!
BeitragVerfasst: 24.10.2014 22:48 

since 2006 i've got my Hifidelio Pro up-and-running, first post on modifications in 2006 and reading already years on problems, upgrades, internet-radio etc, all implemented in my Hifidelio but. . . . .. .

it failes very recently: only the startup Screen "Hifidelio" and nothing more. Immediately disconnected and cleaned all IDE_cables (CD and HDD) assuming all would be working again, but most unfortunately it did not help. Than inserted the very original Recovery CD V2.1.8 from 2006. Tried recovery without data-loss: did not work thus assuming original Seagate-HDD nok.

Than decided to start recovery with data-loss and guess . . . . . . HIFIDELIO is up and running again. Conclusion: the database was for what-sever reason corrupted such that startup did fail without any error-message.

Question 1: is it worth-while to start with the V2.4 (extra 64 euro) or just upgrade to latest 2.3, apply corrections for Internet Radio and Veronica again (won't be easy after so many years)???

Question 2: does 2.4 also need HDD-reset if a new HD is mounted??

Can't find any backup back so have to import CD's / MP3 again: miserable job.

BeitragVerfasst: 25.10.2014 19:36 

Hi PietO

Bad luck

HDreset is needed by replacing the HDD in all software versions, not by a recovery or update.

By a recovery with data-loss the partitions will be killed and new created, so all datas are going lost.

When you have build in a new HDD and connect the old one to the USB-port maybe the music could be saved. :-(
But now it's too late.

BYe André

http://www.gugau.net/Beta/HF_Tuner.exe
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet darf sie ruhig behalten, ich brauche sie nicht mehr, ich habe noch genug davon.

BeitragVerfasst: 25.10.2014 21:27 

Elektrolurch hat geschrieben:
Hi PietO
Bad luck
BYe André

Indeed Andre, but enjoyed so many years my Hifidelio and may expect earlier or later that something would happen. Do you have any opinion on the stability / reliability of the new 2.4 firmware?

Tried to perform a low-level test on the old HD but Windows7 refused to get access to the disk (Initialisation failed with message "device not ready" thus test-programs did not run. Anyhow, updated to 2.3.28 without any problems. For tomorrow Veronica re-installation is planned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:

as security, i did test the old HD-Seagate under another Windows installation (although running fine with new installed firmware) and everything became clear reading the SMART-data with HD-tune:

- reallocated sector count: 10 sectors
- current unstable sectors: 3 sectors
- HW-correctable read errors: > 1 million

than did a full-surface read test and full-reformat to NTFS which resulted in

- reallocated sector count: 11 sectors
- current unstable sectors: 2 sectors
- HW-correctable read errors: > 3 million

Thus: 1 sector was finally from unstable to reallocated (position about 1 GB) and many more recoverable errors. Consequently, i will replace the HD with my 160GB Western Digital IDE-drive from the USB Hifidelio USB-backup unit which is tested oke. Better would be to get an SATA=>IDE adapter and install a SSD but who knows how long this will last. Over 5 years maybe something else without any cost.

Will further report if problem are encountered with re-installation / configuration of firmware 2.3.28.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update:

de first and second try with HDreset (size ISO 35.584 KB build 23.1.2011) failed; than tried the elder version HDreset (size ISO 35.840 KB build 27.1.2006) which was oke and did the job.

update: SW-modifications installed again

- Internet radio (search and play)
- Veronica my own themes and latest version
- DiskSync

and cleaned up all information on the Hifidelio again. HP-helper and Tuner not used / tested in order to keep my understanding how-to-do things.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]