Hifidelio-User.de

Das (inoffizielle!) Forum für Hifidelio-User
Aktuelle Zeit: 22.08.2017 14:49

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 75 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 12.12.2008 22:53 

SlimDevices uses a proprietary protocol for controlling and streaming, Hifidelio uses UPnP -> they are not compatible.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 12.12.2008 23:25 

I have heard some claims that Squeezecenter and/or squeezenetwork is able to recognize UPnP servers.
This post ( http://www.hifidelio-user.de/viewtopic.php?t=4425) confirms this impression. Any idea?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 13.12.2008 20:15 

You're right, Squeezecenter is able to search for UPnP-Servers. Never saw that option before.
No idea how good this works and if it works at all with a hifidelio.
But anybody can test it: Just download and install Squeezecenter (it's OpenSource!). As a Client, just install Softsqueeze, which is a Java-Program that emulates a Squeezebox at the PC.

Betreff des Beitrags: Slim Devices streaming to Hifidelio
BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2008 02:43 

The last post got me totally confused.

I don't see how it shows Slim Devices software can recognize UPnP.

Or is the solution simply to load slimcenter on the Hifidelio?

MF XDACv3
TacT 2.2 XP
Sonus Faber Concerto
Mirage 12 Sub

BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2008 14:19 

firedog hat geschrieben:
I don't see how it shows Slim Devices software can recognize UPnP.

In Squeezecenter (the SlimDevices *Server* Software) there is a setting (Einstellungen - Erweitert - Netzwerk - UPnP-Client) which enables the Squeezecenter-Server to look for other UPnP-Server (e.g. the Hifidelio) and then act as an UPnP-Client towards this UPnP-Server and at the same time as a Slimdevices-Server for its native Clients.
I don't see a setup where this is really useful.

Zitat:
Or is the solution simply to load slimcenter on the Hifidelio?

Actual versions of Squeezecenter (7.x) don't work at all on the hifidelio.

If you want to use both, Slimdevices and Hifidelio Clients, best setup would be to install a UPnP-Server in addition to Squeezecenter at your Server. Squeezeboxes are connecting to Squeezecenter, Hifidelio is connecting to UPnP-Server (eg. Twonkymedia) - both servers are maintaining there independent databases, while the music is loaded only once at the physical server's HDD.

Betreff des Beitrags: Streaming slim server and Hifidelio
BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2008 14:30 

See these posts, apparently you can load SlimDevices software on Hifidelio: http://www.hifidelio-user.de/viewtopic.php?t=3199

As far as your previous post about setting up Slimcenter and also UPnP,

my goal is to stream from an SB3 (server) to Hifidelio (receiver). Would your idea help? If not, wouldn't turning the Hifidelio into a Slim Devices server solve the problem, as it would then be able to communicate with the SB3?

Thanks

MF XDACv3
TacT 2.2 XP
Sonus Faber Concerto
Mirage 12 Sub

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2008 15:30 

Zitat:
In Squeezecenter (the SlimDevices *Server* Software) there is a setting (Einstellungen - Erweitert - Netzwerk - UPnP-Client) which enables the Squeezecenter-Server to look for other UPnP-Server (e.g. the Hifidelio) and then act as an UPnP-Client towards this UPnP-Server and at the same time as a Slimdevices-Server for its native Clients.
I don't see a setup where this is really useful.

Might it be that Squeezecenter acting as a UPnP client is able to read UPnP servers and route the content to a Squeezebox. In otherwords, this enables Squeezeboxes to play the content of UPnP servers?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2008 19:27 

Vincent hat geschrieben:
Might it be that Squeezecenter acting as a UPnP client is able to read UPnP servers and route the content to a Squeezebox. In otherwords, this enables Squeezeboxes to play the content of UPnP servers?

Yes, that's exactly what I was guessing. But I still see no useful scenario.
If you're running both, SB clients and UPnP-Clients, best setup would be to run Squeezecenter and UPnP-Server at one physical server. Why would one want a Squeezecenter-Server and in parallel an UPnP-Server at a different machine?

BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2008 19:34 

firedog hat geschrieben:
See these posts, apparently you can load SlimDevices software on Hifidelio: http://www.hifidelio-user.de/viewtopic.php?t=3199

With so many difficulties, problems and sloooow result that you won't want it to use. BTW: I was the guy who did that at first three years ago;-)

Zitat:
my goal is to stream from an SB3 (server) to Hifidelio (receiver).

You're mixing something up here. A SB3 is a diskless client (Receiver), not a server.

Betreff des Beitrags: Streaming slim server and Hifidelio
BeitragVerfasst: 18.12.2008 10:25 

Yes, I realize and SB3 isn't a server. I want to use it as my main interface with a Windows Home Server, and am trying to find out if I can stream music from an SB3 (steaming server) to a Hifidelio (streaming receiver).

So far I've understood 3 points, which contradict each other:

1. No, the SB3 (or Duet) won't recognize the Hifidelio, even as a UPnP server.

2. Yes, it will recognize the UPnP server in the Hifidelio if you set it up correctly. You can test that possibility by setting up Squeezecenter and Softsqueeze on a PC and see if the software recognizes the Hifidelio UPnP server.

3. No, it won't work unless you install Slim Devices software on the Hifidelio. Gigi claims this doesn't work well, but another poster on the thread he pointed too claims that if you don't run all the "unnecessary" functions of Slimserver on the HF, it runs quite well.

Or have I misunderstood the thread?

MF XDACv3
TacT 2.2 XP
Sonus Faber Concerto
Mirage 12 Sub

BeitragVerfasst: 18.12.2008 14:27 

firedog hat geschrieben:
Yes, I realize and SB3 isn't a server.
Really???
Zitat:
and am trying to find out if I can stream music from an SB3 (steaming server) to a Hifidelio (streaming receiver).

Once again: Your words "SB3 (steaming server)" don't make sense. SB3 is a streaming client and nothing else.

And Again: I have already told you what setup would make sense for your purpose. The Server-Hardware is your Windows Home Server (WHS). For the SB3 as a Streaming-Client, you NEED Squeezecenter (SC) as the server-software, running on your WHS.
If you want to stream to a hifidelio too, you need a UPnP-Server. And this UPnP-Server is a software (Twonkymedia for example), which runs at your WHS just as SC does.

Zitat:
1. No, the SB3 (or Duet) won't recognize the Hifidelio, even as a UPnP server.

Yes, the SB3 recognises SC and NOTHING else.

Zitat:
2. Yes, it will recognize the UPnP server in the Hifidelio if you set it up correctly.

No, not the SB3. But SC can search for UPnP-Servers. Still see no valid purpose for this.

Zitat:
You can test that possibility by setting up Squeezecenter and Softsqueeze on a PC and see if the software recognizes the Hifidelio UPnP server.

Yes. Why don't you go ahead and install Squeezecenter? You'll need it anyway if you want to use a SB3. And with Softsqueeze, you'll get 100% of the User-Interface of a SB3. So you can test all the equipment before you spent actually 1 cent.

Zitat:
3. No, it won't work unless you install Slim Devices software on the Hifidelio. Gigi claims this doesn't work well, but another poster on the thread he pointed too claims that if you don't run all the "unnecessary" functions of Slimserver on the HF, it runs quite well.

As you have a WHS already (or plan to setup one), it doesn't make sense to install SC on a hifidelio, which will be a working (if you finally have managed to install it at all), but far from perfect solution.

Betreff des Beitrags: Just to be sure
BeitragVerfasst: 06.12.2009 14:13 

Hello,

I have been reading a lot about the SB Duet in combination with the Hifidelio Pro on htis forum.

Just to be verry sure:
Is it practically possible to run the required server software on the Hifidelio, so it can be used with de SB Duet?

(I would think: if the software can run on some NAS, it should be able to run on the Hifidelio).

Reagrds,

sw

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.12.2009 15:05 

In principle it is possible.
You probably do have to compile all relevant sources.

In practice, Squeezeserver has become ‘big’.
You need Squeezeserver, perl, Mysql, etc running.
I expect this will exceed the capacity of the HF.

If you want the SB’s to play the content on the HF you might try:
- install Squeezeserver on a box
- enable UPnP on both Squeezeserver and the HF

Betreff des Beitrags: Wil TEAC work
BeitragVerfasst: 06.12.2009 18:11 

As the Squeezebox Duet needs specail software to run, wil the TEAC WAP 4500 be a solution?
http://dspd.teac.de/index.php?id=3821&L=1

Looks like a SQ clone, but I thnik it does not require any server software.

Anybody tried this?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.12.2009 19:05 

All streaming media players need a server, this is by design.
However, there is a industry standard called UPnP / DLNA
Most streaming gear adheres to this standard.
Any UPnP compliant devices should be able to play the content on the HF (the server)

http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com/HW/DAP.htm

You might have a look here: http://www.wifimedia.eu/
One of the very few shops in the Netherlands who knows 'everything' about streaming audio

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 75 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]