Hifidelio-User.de

Das (inoffizielle!) Forum für Hifidelio-User
Aktuelle Zeit: 28.06.2017 21:06

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 18 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 20.02.2009 19:31 

I apologize for writing in English, but there are no English language Olive/Hifidelio forums of which I am aware, and I speak no German. It appears that one of the threads in the German language discusses the new firmware update, 2.3.23, now at the Hifidelio site. And, I gather, "WARNUNG" means "alert" in German. I can't tell if that "alert" is the English equivalent of "warning" or of "attention." If the former, I'd guess that the thread informs users not to install the new firmware; if the latter, I'd guess that the thread invites users to seek out and install the firmware.

For whatever it is worth, i installed the new firmware from a binary file. (The "software update" function on my Olive Opus told me that my software is current and the link to the .iso file on the Hifidelio site is broken.) After installation, the unit would not reboot at all. It just opened to the "Olive" opening screen and that was it. I therefore had to use my recovery disc and then upgrade to 2.3.21 in order to restore previous functionality.

Have any other users had this problem? If so, what did you do to get the new firmware to operate properly? Or, if the firmware is defective and always requires a recovery afterwards, please let me know and I will try to post a warning on some of the English language audio forums. Thank you for your guidance.

BeitragVerfasst: 20.02.2009 19:54 

Hi Mike,

"WARNUNG" means not to install the new firmware.

Mike Rubin hat geschrieben:
Have any other users had this problem?

Yes, everybody who dared to install the new firmware.

what did you do to get the new firmware to operate properly?

Until now nobody was able to do so.

Sorry for my English. ;-)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 20.02.2009 19:56 

Hi Mike,

well, Warnung in german means: don't even think of doing this or that ... let's say: red alert

There are more than one guys, having the exact same problem as you do.
Until now, there is no solution or explanation from Hermstedt.

So, DO NOT INSTALL 2.3.23 Firmware, there is a great chance (corrected: 100% chance!) of knock down your hifidelio.
(a new installation with recovery-version should be possible ... )

If more questions appear, just ask them in the original thread ... in english.
therefor i close this thread as a warnung, so all information will pop up in one thread. ok?

Link to the original-thread: http://www.hifidelio-user.de/viewtopic.php?t=4487

Space

[Nachtrag] Da die neue, nun wohl nicht mehr gefährliche Version der Firmware raus ist, hab ich die Warnung hier mal wieder entschäft. (Mist, unser Admin war wieder mal schneller .. )
Gruß S.

Zuletzt geändert von Spacesson am 05.03.2009 22:02, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.03.2009 12:07 
Site Admin

I "re-opened" this thread for an update: The 'new" v2.3.23 works, so if you download this firmware now there should be no problem.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.03.2009 17:32 

Admin hat geschrieben:
I "re-opened" this thread for an update: The 'new" v2.3.23 works, so if you download this firmware now there should be no problem.

Thank you, Herr Admin. I will try this again!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.03.2009 22:22 

Hi all

I downloaded the "old" .bin version of 2.3.23 when it was first released and had the same problem as mike rubin.

I used the recovery CD (although I did not choose the "Delete all data" option) and reverted to 2.3.21. Since that time my hifidelio has been functioning fine as a stand alone system, but its networking functions are not working. I have spent hours trying to figure out the problem, but I'm having no success. The network settings read fine on the HF. My laptop and PC cannot pick up hifidelio in Itunes nor in "My Computer - Network Place", nor can I access it via vnc.

I have installed the "new" 2.3.23 and the same problem persists? Can anybody help with this please - it would break my heart to go the route of Recovery "Delete all data", and have to burn all my CD's onto to it again?

Excuse me for writing in english, but I don't understand german.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.03.2009 23:19 

Are you sure the network settings are alright and that the needed network services are switched on? Have you tried forcing the configuration by changing and saving the settings to different values and again setting them back to what they should be?
After a restore the network settings may have to be set again. Also the needed network services may have to be switched on again.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.03.2009 23:40 

chrsgrvy hat geschrieben:
Hi all

I used the recovery CD (although I did not choose the "Delete all data" option) and reverted to 2.3.21. Since that time my hifidelio has been functioning fine as a stand alone system, but its networking functions are not working. I have spent hours trying to figure out the problem, but I'm having no success. The network settings read fine on the HF. My laptop and PC cannot pick up hifidelio in Itunes nor in "My Computer - Network Place", nor can I access it via vnc.

I seem to have had somewhat better luck than you did. After restoration, my unit remained visible on my network. However, I did notice that, when I tried to access "software update" today so I could flash with the new version of the firmware, I no longer was told my software was up-to-date, but, instead, that the update function failed and that I should check my network settings. I ultimately was able to update using Leonore and the unit seemed to be working when I left the house for work, but I will check tonight, when I get home after work, to see if the update has affected my network functionaltity.

I do hope you get your issues worked out. In the past, when I've had unreliable network connections with the Olive, I have deleted the network settings and started over from scratch. That seemed to work fine and it did not jeopardize the data.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.03.2009 23:06 

Thanks Mike/Ronald

I'm making progress.

All network services were turned on except Telnet when I had the problems.
I decided to try switching them all off, rebooting, switching them all on except Telnet and rebooting again.

Now I'm picking up leonore, veronica and the HF folders in "My Network Places". Itunes is picking up HF under "Shared", but it's library is not loading. I'll keep at it.

Thanks for replying

Chris

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.03.2009 23:35 

Thanks Mike/Ronald

I'm making progress.

All network services were turned on except Telnet when I had the problems.
I decided to try switching them all off, rebooting, switching them all on except Telnet and rebooting again.

Now I'm picking up leonore, veronica and the HF folders in "My Network Places". Itunes is picking up HF under "Shared", but it's library is not loading. I'll keep at it.

Thanks for replying

Chris

The library showing up but not loading individual titles, I am willing to be, is entirely the result of signal strength issues. If you have a lot of titles, it's always a slow process and, if your pipe is weak, the process slows to a complete crawl, at least in my home.

I have a question for you: Did you upgrade to the latest firmware version? I did, now that it's been reposted and is functional. I've found, however, that Veronica no longer works as it did. It now lacks a navigation wheel on the screen, so I can't navigate within and between the menus. I posted the same question under the German language thread, thus far without a response, but, if this is a function of 2.3.23, I think I am going to have to restore so that I can return my unit to 2.3.21 functionality.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 07.03.2009 00:07 

I posted the same question under the German language thread, thus far without a response, but, if this is a function of 2.3.23, I think I am going to have to restore so that I can return my unit to 2.3.21 functionality.

Please take a look here: http://www.hifidelio-user.de/viewtopic. ... 9491#39491 ;)

schim

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 07.03.2009 00:30 

schim hat geschrieben:
I posted the same question under the German language thread, thus far without a response, but, if this is a function of 2.3.23, I think I am going to have to restore so that I can return my unit to 2.3.21 functionality.

Please take a look here: http://www.hifidelio-user.de/viewtopic. ... 9491#39491 ;)

schim

Schim, thank you. I will review what you wrote in the other topic.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 07.03.2009 00:31 

I used the recovery CD (although I did not choose the "Delete all data" option) and reverted to 2.3.21. Since that time my hifidelio has been functioning fine as a stand alone system, but its networking functions are not working.

I have spent hours trying to figure out the problem, but I'm having no success. The network settings read fine on the HF. My laptop and PC cannot pick up hifidelio in Itunes nor in "My Computer - Network Place", nor can I access it via vnc.

Maybe somehow your fidel is making strange things without any logical reason. If the network settings are looking ok, but still not working, try to switch everything to a total different thing like "homenetwork" if you have the expert-mode, and vice versa.
then switch off the fidel totally (push the button until the curtain starts closing, then release it.)
Then wait a few minutes, and restart the fidel again, go back to the networksettings, redo all your correct settings, and then try again.

That is a magic procedure ... it will work sometimes ... on a bright moonlight-night it will work for sure ...

No, in fact, it was a solution once on my fidel ...
Regards Space

Betreff des Beitrags: Why update?
BeitragVerfasst: 04.05.2009 23:07 

What' s die Gründe, die Firmware von 2.3.18 bis 2.3.23 zu aktualisieren? Eigenschaften?

Any reason to update?

(What's new?)

Danke, Luca

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Why update?
BeitragVerfasst: 05.05.2009 06:19 
Site Admin

znorter hat geschrieben:
Any reason to update?

There where problems with Internet Radio because of Shoutcast changes: http://www.hifidelio-user.de/viewtopic.php?t=4341

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 18 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]