Hifidelio-User.de

Das (inoffizielle!) Forum für Hifidelio-User
Aktuelle Zeit: 28.06.2017 21:03

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 17 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 22.09.2010 10:23 

Is there anyone on this forum who bought the Hifidelio iphone application? What are your experiences? Is it any good?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 22.09.2010 12:15 
Site Admin

You need the new firmware 2.4 to use this app. This version has to be bought here. I don't think anybody has this version already delivered.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 22.09.2010 13:56 

Thanks for your response. I did not fully realise that 2.4 was required. In that case (with 2.4 costing 60 euro's) I will not get this app. Who do they think WILL spend 60 + 15 euro's to get an app?! Weird.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 22.09.2010 17:54 

Well, what's to decide is whether a convenient remote cotrol with cover display is worth that price or not.
Some of us may come to the conclution that it is.
Cosider other software: what benefit do you get for an upgrade of your OS or your office or your video cut software, and what's the cost?

As for me, I will decide if it was worth the cost when I have tested it. Might be an expencive way to find out, i know ;-)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 22.09.2010 20:30 

Well ... I agree with you that this app might be worth its money when it meets my expectations (of a sophisticated remote control, fast and seamless in its operation and with added functionality when compared to the HF itself). But there is no way one can test it without spending the money first. Thats also why I came up with this post. Why dont they offer a trial period?!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 26.09.2010 14:32 

Ich habe die Software gerade mal gekauft.

Ohne allerdings bislang die Software 2.4 auf dem Hifidelio zu haben.

Zur Zeit sinnfrei ...

Betreff des Beitrags: It's a shame!
BeitragVerfasst: 24.10.2010 16:27 

Ok, I am a dummy...but...I never seen in the App information or with some instructions before to buy at 15 euro! the warning that ONLY with the 2.4 firmware the App will work!

So, after to buy the 15 euro App (that I can consider "honest" like a fisical remote gear!) you may think to buy another 60 euro !!!

It is a shame...sorry, but...it is what I think, honestly!

Hope that hacker will do justice! Yes, really!

Remember that all the gears offer the upgrade firmware at no costs, BUT in this case 15 euro I think it is enough!

Again, it is a shame!

Luca

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 24.10.2010 17:54 

Hi Luca,

i think, that in the explanations there is a information about the firmware 2.4 you need ...
BUT: it is right, that there is no explanation at all, that is will cost another 59 euro.

THAT is ashame. It must say somewhere, that it is not for free, the firmware update. All old updates WERE for free.

IF Fa hermstedt would named it Version 3.0 it would be more clear, that it is a next step, as it seems to be, and that it is not for free ... but even then they should give this information in the app-store ...

There is NO way of giving back an app, if you can not use it, like you can in all online-shops in germany.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 24.10.2010 18:12 
Site Admin

Spacesson hat geschrieben:
There is NO way of giving back an app, if you can not use it, like you can in all online-shops in germany.

That's not correct, this would be against the German (and European?) law.
Luca, try to contact apple via this site and report your problem with the app. At least you will get a guaranteed reply from apple and maybe a refund.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 24.10.2010 18:28 

Oh, wow.

Thankx Admin!

i knew, it is against the law in germany .. but i thought, the appstore is somewhat "us-law" ...
but admin is right. it is business in germany and german law has to be in charge ...

Betreff des Beitrags: REFUND?
BeitragVerfasst: 25.10.2010 23:02 

Thanx so much MOD and ADMIN!
I send my question like you can see:

***The App below indicated I bought for 14,99 euro, has NO informations by the way it is NOT full functionally without upgrading the firmware of the device where the App must work.
It seems not a big problem, like many other people thought that it is only to spend some little time to do it, BUT...for the upgrading you discover ONLY AFTER that it costs 59,99 euro!
So, the HIFIDELIO APP (14,99 euro) without the upgrading firmware (that nobody knows until...you try to do it...) IS NOT WORKING!
Hope to have explained to you in my poor english, thank you and please send me back the 14,99 euro!***

I am waiting...(but...I am sad, too...'cause I'd like to have the App, but at 80 euro I think it too much for a remote)

Luca

Betreff des Beitrags: Cash wil be REFUND!!!
BeitragVerfasst: 26.10.2010 17:10 

See what Apple support (some part is deleted) wrote to me in 12 hours!

Dear Luca,
Welcome to iTunes Store Customer Support. My name is xxx and I will be assisting you today.
I understand that the app purchased from the iTunes Store is not functioning as expected and would like a refund. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and I will do my best in helping you to get the amount credited since your purchases are valuable to you.
Luca, the steps outlined in this article resolve many common issues:
Troubleshooting applications purchased from the App Store
http://support.apple.com/kb/xxx
Please note that Jorg Hermstedt is the best resource for information about Hifidelio App. Therefore, I recommend you contact Jorg Hermstedt directly. Please visit:
http://www.hermstedt-consulting.com
Also, I have reversed the charge for the purchase. In three to five business days, a credit of 14.99 EUR should be posted to the credit card that appears on the receipt for that purchase.
Luca, I know your purchases are very valuable to you, and I am happy to have been able to help you refund them. I hope you continue to be a valued member of the Apple family. Have a great day!
Sincerely,

xxx
iTunes Store Customer Support

AND THIS IS WHAT I SENT TO THEM AND TO MR. JORG...

Hi. I am writing from Italy and I am happy but sorry for you to get the refund for the App I've purchased only because it is NOT wrote on the info that for the full working it is necessary to BUY at 59,99 euro the upgrade for the gear we have...
So hope you will wrote in capital letters that for the App people must buy the upgrade at 59,99...
In the same time I hope you will change the price to more affordable "free" download, because the 14,99 euro for the App (and for definitive for a a remote!) it is in 2010 year honest!

ThaNks, Luca

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 26.10.2010 18:32 
Site Admin

That's really good news!
It would be even better if the price for the remote app will be dropped in the future but that would be unfair to all the people who already bought the app. :wink:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 26.10.2010 22:53 

the problem is NOT the app price, the problem IS the price of the upgrade of the firmware :wink:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.10.2010 23:22 

The story on the Hermstedt site why this 2.4 version costs 60 Euro is not very convincing and for me somehow sad. Have they ever reflected on what we really need :?:

Nearly no one rips CD's with his Fidel. So coverart is not an issue. Hopefully the maintenance coverart search doesn't ruin already available covers from other sources. Old itunes versions were specialized in randomly eliminating carefully created manually linked covers. :idea: :!:

Interesting enough they don't even mention the WPA2 functionality as a new feature :!: This missing basic functionality has made my Fidel into an expensive hard-disk since about 2,5 years. Would it be possible to get WPA2 with a new card and version 2.3.28 :?:

For 60 Euro they could at least have made the iApp free.

SqueezePad ipad remote for my squeezeboxes costs only USD 9.99 and no need for paid updates. An additional Squeezebox receiver costs CHF 132.90 that is less than 120 Euro for WPA2 card and version 2.4. The Squeezebox has WPA2 since years, very comfortable internet radio search functions, coverart, access to NAS and PC's numerous add-ons and of course ipad and pod, phone remote.

I fear my Fidel will remain in isolation as it has been for the last two years. :cry: :cry:

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 17 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]