Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: plextools ?
BeitragVerfasst: 19.02.2008 09:23 

which version is the best ?

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: plextools ?
BeitragVerfasst: 22.02.2008 13:12 

bernard991 hat geschrieben:
which version is the best ?

The safest way is to start by installing the version which came with your Plextor drive - in this way you are sure that the drive is correctly recognized and all the advanced functions are supported.

After installing you can always check if the version you have is the latest one, if not you can get the latest one from the plextools site:

http://www.plextools.com/download/download.asp

The latest version is 3.13 - the LE edition is free, but for advanced functionality the commercial version is better.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 22.02.2008 15:14 

thanks A
I guess I should have elaborated ..I bought a used Plextor Premium U on the net ...but comes w/ no software so am hoping to get my hands on a copy of the tools but I see there are different versions ....and i think Plextor charges for the 'professional' version ...do I need that ?
I want to have another drive to augment my external Yamaha
thanks B

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 24.02.2008 12:22 

It is also a good idea to get the latest firmware upgrade for your drive from plextor.com.

I upgraded my drive from version 1.02 to 1.03 a couple days ago and the upgrade enabled high speed audio extraction - it is now 2-3 times faster than before to rip a CD with full error correction (level 5) - it now takes about 4 minutes to rip a 60-minutes CD to FLAC... In one hour I can rip, tag, transfer & import on the HF 10 albums easily ... very cool, no? :wink:

Too bad I didn't install the upgrade earlier, before ripping the vast majority of my CDs, and not now when I'm almost done... :cry: Anyway, better late than never ... :lol:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 25.02.2008 18:12 

A
which Plextor drive do you have ...? the FW upgrade is a must it seems ....but this fast ripping is done w/ plextools right ?
from what I gather if I want the tools I may have to buy from Plextor ...are they "needed"?
If I continue to use EAC then the speed would not change w/ the FW upgrade perhaps ...?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 25.02.2008 19:01 

I have a PlexWriter Premium2. Before installing the 1.03 version the maximum available ripping speed reported in the PlexTools log was 4X, after the upgrade the maximum speed is 40X. Of course that I cannot reach 40X with full error correction and FLAC compression, the average effective speed I obtain is 12X, but this is still 3 times faster than before.
You don't need the commercial version of PlexTools for audio extraction - the freeware PlexTools LE version will do fine - it would be a pity to keep using EAC and not take full advantage of your Plextor drive.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.03.2008 11:20 

Hey Bernard,

If you haven't switched to PlexTools yet, here is some info which will help you decide:

http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Plextor ... overy.html

http://web.ncf.ca/aa571/daefaq.htm

I do confirm from my own tests that it happened to me a lot in the past to rip scratched CDs with EAC high correction - which reported 0 errors during extraction - and get audio files with clicks and skips...

I recently found out that some of my older CD-R discs are dying and started giving read errors - not many at this time, so I can still get my music back.
(If you think your CD-R will last forever, you should read this:
http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/CD-Rs-life ... think.html
:cry: :cry: :cry:)

When ripping these discs with PlexTools I get hundreds of errors reported, however EAC and CDex (with maximum error correction) are unable to find any errors... and yet the clicks are audible...

So, like I said before, use PlexTools to get the most out of your Plextor drive. :wink:

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]