Hifidelio-User.de

Das (inoffizielle!) Forum für Hifidelio-User
Aktuelle Zeit: 19.10.2017 03:55

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 06.09.2012 21:24 

Please pardon me for posting in English. Unfortunately, I have had little exposure to German, and there no longer are active Olive/Hifidelio forums in English. :(

I have been using Olive versions of the Hifidelio since the first Musica appeared. I never have encountered an issue like this one in the many, many years since I first purchased one of these devices.

I added some FLAC files that I converted from .ape files to the "Import" directory. I transferred them from my computer using Wifi over my network. This is my usual process when I want to add files to the Olive/Hifidelio because I rip most of my CDs on the computer now, to ensure bit accuracy.

In this particular case, my computer plays the files in question successfully using JRiver Media Center and Foobar 2000. The Olive/Hifidelio also plays them as FLAC files right from the "Import" screen.

HOWEVER, the files simply will not import successfully. The unit gets locked in an "importing" loop and I can only terminate that process by shutting down and restarting the unit.

Upon restart, the original files remain in the "import folder." I have network access to the "music" directory and I do not find the files there, either, so I conclude that nothing actually is imported at all.

Has anyone experienced this particular issue before? I cannot re-record the files, since I obtained the .ape files digitally, but, as I said, the resulting FLAC files seem to be quite playable on both the computer and the Olive/Hifidelio, so I suspect they are perfectly good files

I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

BeitragVerfasst: 07.09.2012 09:22 

Do you have more FLAC Files on your Olive? Are these files fine?

Then just try to copy them with a different name to the import folder. Will these files be imports correctly?
Then you have corrupt FLAC files. I would try to convert them to maybe WAV and back to FLAC.

BeitragVerfasst: 08.09.2012 01:36 

Uwe hat geschrieben:
Do you have more FLAC Files on your Olive? Are these files fine?

Then just try to copy them with a different name to the import folder. Will these files be imports correctly?
Then you have corrupt FLAC files. I would try to convert them to maybe WAV and back to FLAC.

Thank you, Uwe. Yes, I have all FLAC files in the Music directory, so there is no problem playing or accessing the FLAC files in that directory, and, yes, I was able to get some of the files to import by converting them to WAV and then back to FLAC.

EDIT: I originally included in this post a discussion of another issue I had, but I have resolved it, so I am deleting that discussion.

BeitragVerfasst: 11.09.2012 16:14 

Hi Mike,

sounds strange indeed; for years now I'm a Hifidelio-user importing flac-files + never expierenced a bug like you described. Some ideas:

1) Your hard-disc is simply full :?: :oops:
2) files correctly tagged? You tried files without cover written to them? Any syntax-problem?
3) maybe the music-library or -folder needs service?
4) something happend to your converting-software? FLAC-Version??

Good luck, let us know!

Michael (from Hamburg)

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]