Hifidelio-User.de

Das (inoffizielle!) Forum für Hifidelio-User
Aktuelle Zeit: 22.08.2017 09:06

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 18.05.2017 17:30 

Hi everyone. I have two problems.

1. I have Hifidelio 80GB with 2.3.28 Firmware.
When I turn on player, everything is normal, but after 2-3min., the player freeze and nothing work /no buttons, no remote control/.
Doesn't matter play usb, cd, or nothing, the player just freeze after 2-3 min.

2. If i want to copy some files /mp3, flac/ from usb to Hifidelio or from Hifidelio to usb, or i want to restore player, also i can not delete any song from Hifidelio, on the display i see 'Changes Locked'. Modification are not allowed at current state '.

I hope somebody help me, i love this player, but i don't no what happen? ://

BeitragVerfasst: 19.05.2017 20:48 

Hi,

strange behaviour indeed, what about the following ideas:

'Changes Locked'. Modification are not allowed at current state '- sounds somehow logical: is there any background-process running? Yes - try to stop it or give it time to end; no:
- switch off the HIFIDELIO, pull the power-plug, pull out the LAN-Cable and all other peripheral connections, power-on again (with the cd-eject-button pressed if there is a cd locked in the drive to force an cd-eject);

- change of behaviour? Yes: try database-check; no: switch off, pull the power-plug, open the cover and check all connections/connectors to the power-supply, to the drives, to the main-board, to the display etc. (bad connections to the drives often seemed to be the cause of such kind of trouble, or the hdd itself, you seem to have an older one?). Reseat everything, close the cover + try again, what happend?

Have you done any Linux or Telnet-operations on the machine? In the HIFIDELIO-menu switch off all these services + try again?

Maybe there are some more support-ideas from other forum-members here; and, btw, if the machine is somehow working again, try to draw a backup of your music-files (which fore sure you did already :-)).

Wish you success, pls. post the outcome here.

Greetings from Hamburg, Michael

BeitragVerfasst: 21.05.2017 14:43 

Thanks for reply. I try anything...:/ I want to say to person who made this product '' This is absolutly crazy, to want a lot ot money for this shit. How can ... they see, how many people have problem with there stupid product, and there is no quality firmware''. NEVER HF!!!

BeitragVerfasst: 22.05.2017 10:58 
Site Admin

If you just have bought a used Hifidelio then I would suggest to contact the seller to get your money back because you obviously have bought a device with some kind of defect, this behaviour doesn't occur on a regular Hifidelio.
BTW: Hifidelio came out over twelve (!) years ago with many happy users but, of course, there is no active support anymore, there won't be any firmware improvements and the manufacturer doesn't read our comments.

BeitragVerfasst: 22.05.2017 21:50 

In our Family works 4 (!) Hifidelios very fine. No Problems. And we are Poweruser.
Show me an other Device with Features like HF that works over 10 Years like the first day!
BTW: Hifidelio's OS is Linux. And this is a very quality Firmware.

Best regards from Bavaria

Duck

BeitragVerfasst: 23.05.2017 15:30 

Do you have, here in this forum ''recovery cd'' to download and try to refresh OS. I''ll be happy if someone share Recovery cd. Thanks for reply all.

EDIT: If i buy brand new HDD, do i need something /software/ special to integrated in HF?

BeitragVerfasst: 23.05.2017 19:26 
Site Admin

coojoe_213 hat geschrieben:
Do you have, here in this forum ''recovery cd'' to download and try to refresh OS. I''ll be happy if someone share Recovery cd.

You can download the ISO image for the 2.3.8 firmware from the Hermstedt website, look here.
The necessary steps to install a new hdd are described in our Wiki. It's only in German, maybe Google translate will help you.

BeitragVerfasst: 24.05.2017 15:00 

Hi again. Thanks for reply and for help. I have question.

At this moment my Firmware on Hifidelio is 2.3.28 (this is the last free sofware, i think). How can downgrade this firmware, i don't like it? I need may be ''recovery cd'', but i can't see where is the link to download on ''wiki hifidelio''?

I have 15v on power supply. Correct must be 12v. Is this normal?

BeitragVerfasst: 25.05.2017 21:24 

Here is what happen after 20-30 sec, when i turn on player, play song, and after 20-30sec or may be 1 min player freeze and you can watch my video and lisen what is the sound:./

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y1m_h7m64A

I see in internet link for download ''recovery 2.2.2'', but links is dead. Can you upload this file, please.

BeitragVerfasst: 31.05.2017 11:00 

Try removing the connection cable between DVD drive and main board. The plug sometimes has contact problems.
If it works: Keep it disconnected!

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]