Hifidelio-User.de

Das (inoffizielle!) Forum für Hifidelio-User
Aktuelle Zeit: 17.08.2018 09:44

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: [2.3.3] Volume - Fading - Normalise
BeitragVerfasst: 12.11.2006 17:01 

I have my Hifidelio set to fade in and fade out each track for 10 seconds . On an album imported yesterday , I performed 'Normalise' on all imported tracks overnight . Most of the tracks were too loud , so their volume was set to about -9db .

On playing the tracks today , when each track starts to play it begins very loudly , then the volume drops , and finally the volume fades back up a little before finally settling at the correct level . This takes at most the 10 seconds I have set for the 'fade track' adjustment , but is rather annoying . Not sure if it is something I am doing wrong , or an error in 2.3.3 , I did not notice it in 2.3 , or 2.3.1 .

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 13.11.2006 10:20 

Oddly , when I again looked at the volume settings for the tracks in this album , they had all been set to 50db . This accounted for the loud volume when playing back ( although I would have thought that they should have still faded in correctly ) . After setting them to 'Normalise' again they seem to fade in & out more correctly ( the tracks volume now are in the range of -3db to -12db . Certainly not +50db ! ).

I wonder what caused the the first 'Normalise' operation to fail ? Perhaps because the first time , I selected the Album for Normalise , the second time , I selected the individual tracks inside the album ?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.11.2006 10:31 

Still having problems with the Normalise .

I imported a CD , this was CD 1 of 2 . I then imported CD2 , this for some reason had a different name to CD1 so I renamed it , and set the CD number to two . I then set CD1 to have CD number 1 . I then edited the title of CD2 so that it was the same as CD1 . All tracks then appeared in the one 'folder' . I noticed that both CD's lasted for only 33 minutes each so decided to renumber them , I renumbered tracks 1 - 10 of CD2 to tracks 11-20 of CD1 .

Finally , I performed a 'Normalise' operation on all tracks ( 1-20 ) . This seemed to not take very long , and again on looking at the volume level , some of the tracks had been set to +50db . I then restarted Hifidelio and performed the normalise again . After a few minutes , I noticed Hifidelio switch off & back on again , but after a short while the normalise operation completed and all the tracks had been set to a more sensible volume level ( around -6db ) .

Any thoughts as to why this might occur ?

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]