Hifidelio-User.de

Das (inoffizielle!) Forum für Hifidelio-User
Aktuelle Zeit: 21.10.2018 04:56

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Importing 3 discs of a talking book
BeitragVerfasst: 16.02.2007 20:27 

Apologies if this has been noted elsewhere and I've missed it :

My wife wanted a talking book putting on her iPod , I set HiFidelio to 'import on CD insert' , 'Automatically Eject After Import' . I then put in disc one which was copied into HiFidelio , this was ejected , and I put in disc two , and finally disc three . I then left HiFidelio to convert all tracks to MP3 .

After a couple of hours or so I then selected the 'Unknown' artist and changed the name to 'Emma Fforde' , the name of the Author . I also accidentally changed the name of the Album to 'Book' , this had the effect of moving all three copies of 'Track 01' , 'Track 02' and so on into one album called Book .

Using the 'Date and Time added to Library' as a guide , I then set the tracks one by one to 'Disc 1' , 'Disc 2' and 'Disc 3' so that they appeared in the 'Book' album in their correct order . I finally selected all tracks for disc 1 and changed the album name to 'Book 1' then set all the tracks for disc 2 to 'Book 2' , and then for disc 3 'Book 3' .

I selected the artist 'Emma Fforde' then 'Add to list' , IPOD , 'Add to list' ; at this point HiFidelio started to copy the tracks to the iPod . After this operation completed I ejected the iPod , and on the iPod checked the Artist Emma Fforde , all the tracks were listed under 'Book' , with three copies each of 'Track 01' , 'Track 02' and so on , as they were before I changed each one manually .

I deleted the tracks completely from the iPod , switched HiFidelio off ( press and hold the switch until the curtains start to close ) and then restarted it .

This time I Selected only Book 1 , then Add to List , IPOD , Add to List , and Book 1 was copied to the iPod , I then selected Book 2 , Add to List , IPOD , Add to List and the copy operation completed almost immediately , Book 3 also was copied in only a few seconds .

On looking at the contents of Book 2 and Book 3 on HiFidelio , they had the correct information for time , number of tracks and so on , but the size for both was 0.00MB . As by this time my wife had given back the original copies of the talking book I had to give up and delete all the files from both iPod and HiFidelio .

Did I do something wrong ? Is this a known bug , or a one off glitch ?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 16.02.2007 21:01 

while importing, the Hifidelio first "copies" the files, and encode them later ... a blinking symbol signs that importing-task.

For three CDs it could long more than an hour (depends..)

Maybe you were working with the big uncompressed files, and that caused the problem with copiiing to the iPod ... ?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.02.2007 00:02 

Spacesson hat geschrieben:
while importing, the Hifidelio first "copies" the files, and encode them later ... a blinking symbol signs that importing-task.

For three CDs it could long more than an hour (depends..)

Maybe you were working with the big uncompressed files, and that caused the problem with copiiing to the iPod ... ?

Possibly , although I left it from 7:45am until 12:30pm . The blinking symbol had stopped and I assumed it had finished encoding ( usually each disc takes around 1 hour ) .

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.02.2007 03:29 

then it was probably a different problem. the blinking signal stops, when the job is done ...

which Firmware-Version do you use?
which encoding-format do you use?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.02.2007 15:48 

Spacesson hat geschrieben:
then it was probably a different problem. the blinking signal stops, when the job is done ...

which Firmware-Version do you use?
which encoding-format do you use?

Sorry , I should have said : Firmware 2.3.8 Pro , MP3 'Good' ( 128kbs ? ) .

I also noted that out of all the tracks ( 4000 ) I have imported so far onto my HiFidelio , I tried to copy one onto my MP3 player and found it too was of zero length . All the other tracks from this CD had been copied correctly apart from just one . ( Bruce Springsteen - Tracks , Disk 4 , Back in your Arms ) This had been encoded in MP3 , CD Quality . I found that on my recent backup of the HiFidelio library it was also zero length so assume it was imported that way and unrelated to the failure of the talking book . Very unusual .

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]