Hifidelio-User.de

Das (inoffizielle!) Forum für Hifidelio-User
Aktuelle Zeit: 23.08.2017 17:36

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Hunting for Corrupt flacs
BeitragVerfasst: 04.03.2010 23:12 

Hi,

I'm afraid this is the first time I've visited this forum in a long-time, I'm pleased to see that it's still active and there are still firmware updates! I am a happy user, but have an issue that has dogged me for ages..

Not long after I first got my Hifidelio, there was a bug in the firmware that meant that occasional during the RIP/ FLAC Conversion process, a file would be corrupted and instead of a song, you'd get a screeching digital noise.. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of this bug at the time when I was ripping my CD collection and as a result, perhaps one in a fifty tracks is corrupt. I did attempt to hunt down the corrupt tracks by listening to every track on an old pair of headphones and re-ripping the duff ones. However, I never got round to completing this and now it is even harder to fix as I now have over 5000 tracks on my Hifidelio, so I'll be listening to "random" then I'll suddenly get screeched at, doing my speakers and ears no good at all. The Hifidelio quickly gives up playing the track and moves on to the next one, but often I don't "catch" the corrupt track name before it moves on.

My question is, can anyone think of an "easy" way of identifying all the corrupt tracks via a shell script or similar? If I can get some sort of record of which ones are corrupt so that I can re-rip?

Thanks in advance for your help, Long live Hifidelio! :D

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 04.03.2010 23:46 

Hi Kendalbeefcake,

Here's a tool called "audiotester" that tests for errors in various audio formats: http://www.vuplayer.com/other.php

I don't know if it works as desired but you could give it a try. ;)

schim

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.03.2010 14:02 

Hi,

Thanks for that, I hadn't considered doing it "off box", I've got a complete backup of all my music on an external drive, so I should be able to scan that easily to identify the duffers and then delete them from the main.

Thanks again

Kendal

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 08.03.2010 13:39 

Hi,

After a weekend of scanning my backup disk I discovered that I had about 30 disks which need re-ripping. All done now, thanks so much for your help!

Regards

Kendal

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]